Jengan Skies "Clams"
- Words: Jesse Sussman
Newcomer Jengan Skies (a.k.a. Drew Kennedy) has unveiled his debut offering in the form of the sultry "Clams", which sees the London-based artist chopping a slew of vocal samples alongside his own assemblage of original grooves. Perhaps the most impressive takeaway from Kennedy's debut effort is his gracefully programmed drumwork, which smoothly carries "Clams" through its four-and-a-half-minute runtime. It's also worth mentioning how cleverly the producer smartly paces his track, initially employing a minimalist style before introducing his club-friendly beat.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player