Beautiful Bells "Douglass"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
What exactly it is that makes the sound of dying machines and faintly organized noise so appealing is not easy to pinpoint, but it's hard to deny our attraction to the sorts of vibrant collages produced by artists like Beautiful Bells (a.k.a. drummer, composer, multimedia artist Justin Peake). "Douglass," a selection from Peake's forthcoming One Cent Piece album for Moodgadget, is a fine example of such, its interwoven layers of manipulated chords, loping hiss, and limitless echoes hanging languidly atop the tune's modest drum programming. Beautiful Bells' upcoming LP drops on August 13, but in the meantime, "Douglass" is here to serve as an arresting and inviting taste of what's to come.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player