Last Japan "Float"
On his forthcoming Darsk EP, London's Last Japan once again seems keen to show that he is not a one-sided producer, touching on thick grime beats, shuffling bass, and a few points in between during the course of his five-track effort. The appropriately titled "Float" closes the EP in a decidedly space-age fashion, matching reverb-soaked melodies and percussion with a set of rich, droning chords, and just enough resonating sub-bass to keep the track equally appropriate for dancefloor play and late-night smoke sessions. A full stream of Last Japan's Darsk EP can be heard after the jump before the record officially drops on July 15.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player