Eagles for Hands "Holla"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Not too much was known about Brighton producer Laurie James Ross, who goes by Eagles for Hands, back in 2012 when we shared his track "Glitterall," and not too much has changed. We do know that he'll be releasing two EPs this summer, the first of which is the free-to-download Hot Telescope. "Holla", the second track on that EP, sees Ross utilizing classic sounds—like chopped-and-pitched vocals, an FM bass tone, and some swelling synths—all over a busy, house-infused beat. His arrangement is tight, focused, and does well at keeping the groove going, despite its similarities to breakout UK acts like Disclosure or Bondax.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player