Eagles for Hands "Holla"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Not too much was known about Brighton producer Laurie James Ross, who goes by Eagles for Hands, back in 2012 when we shared his track "Glitterall," and not too much has changed. We do know that he'll be releasing two EPs this summer, the first of which is the free-to-download Hot Telescope. "Holla", the second track on that EP, sees Ross utilizing classic sounds—like chopped-and-pitched vocals, an FM bass tone, and some swelling synths—all over a busy, house-infused beat. His arrangement is tight, focused, and does well at keeping the groove going, despite its similarities to breakout UK acts like Disclosure or Bondax.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player