Eagles for Hands "Holla"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Not too much was known about Brighton producer Laurie James Ross, who goes by Eagles for Hands, back in 2012 when we shared his track "Glitterall," and not too much has changed. We do know that he'll be releasing two EPs this summer, the first of which is the free-to-download Hot Telescope. "Holla", the second track on that EP, sees Ross utilizing classic sounds—like chopped-and-pitched vocals, an FM bass tone, and some swelling synths—all over a busy, house-infused beat. His arrangement is tight, focused, and does well at keeping the groove going, despite its similarities to breakout UK acts like Disclosure or Bondax.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player