Marbeya Sound "Implanted Memories"
- Words: Tim Gentles
Marbeya Sound is a collaboration formed after a chance meeting in an Acapulco hotel lobby, and was developed through an absorption in the fruitful undercurrent of Mexico City's electronic music world. The duo has just announced the release of its debut album, Colonies, which is said to have been made with a vast collection of Soviet-era synthesizers, and should arrive as a highly cinematic take on the cosmic synth explorations of the past when it's self-released on September 24. Opening track "Implanted Memories" is grandiose in a good way, and over the course of its six-and-a-half-minute runtime, its rapidly oscillating arpeggios are more than enough to lull the listener into a trance.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player