Marbeya Sound "Implanted Memories"
- Words: Tim Gentles
Marbeya Sound is a collaboration formed after a chance meeting in an Acapulco hotel lobby, and was developed through an absorption in the fruitful undercurrent of Mexico City's electronic music world. The duo has just announced the release of its debut album, Colonies, which is said to have been made with a vast collection of Soviet-era synthesizers, and should arrive as a highly cinematic take on the cosmic synth explorations of the past when it's self-released on September 24. Opening track "Implanted Memories" is grandiose in a good way, and over the course of its six-and-a-half-minute runtime, its rapidly oscillating arpeggios are more than enough to lull the listener into a trance.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player