Hailing from Minneapolis, Comanche is the latest producer to contribute a free LP to Astro Nautico's ever-growing online catalog. As heard on "Kodachrome," an effort that appears early on in the producer's new Silicon Basilica album, Comanche is certainly capable of weaving together a host of disparate sounds—using snippets of tropical percussion, strings, and Rhodes in order to create this particular instrumental offering. The results land somewhere between the playfulness of Emerald Fantasy Tracks-era Lone and Prefuse 73's sample tapestries, while still very much staying true to its own unique slant on hip-hop-indebted electronic music. Furthermore, the Astro Nautico family appears to be staying quite busy, as the New York-based collective is close to wrapping up a (hopefully) successful Kickstarter campaign in order to press its first vinyl release. The full details of that fundraiser can be found here, while Comanche's full debut LP can be downloaded for the price of an email over on the label's Bandcamp.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player