Brooklyn producer Michael McGregor has set aside his usual Meadowlands moniker in exchange for a chance to craft—in his words—"heavily filtered and fucked ambient techno" under the title M/M—resulting in the 1080p label's second release, Midtown Direct (artwork above). Following the tape-only imprint's recent debut offering, a casette's worth of new solo productions by ex-LOL Boys member Heartbeat(s), McGregor shifts the fledgling label's focus to more abstract territory, burying programmed drums beneath flaky textures and wobbling FX on songs like the one featured here, "Léger." M/M's four-track tape is out now, and a video for another of McGregor's "filtered-and-fucked" compositions, "8 (Dub)," can be viewed after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- MP3Pedro Vian "African Echoes"
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player