Brooklyn producer Michael McGregor has set aside his usual Meadowlands moniker in exchange for a chance to craft—in his words—"heavily filtered and fucked ambient techno" under the title M/M—resulting in the 1080p label's second release, Midtown Direct (artwork above). Following the tape-only imprint's recent debut offering, a casette's worth of new solo productions by ex-LOL Boys member Heartbeat(s), McGregor shifts the fledgling label's focus to more abstract territory, burying programmed drums beneath flaky textures and wobbling FX on songs like the one featured here, "Léger." M/M's four-track tape is out now, and a video for another of McGregor's "filtered-and-fucked" compositions, "8 (Dub)," can be viewed after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player