Katie Gately "Last Day"
Newcomer Katie Gately hails from Los Angeles, but the fact isn't exactly apparent from listening to "Last Day", the first track to appear from her self-titled debut for UK label Public Information (out on September 2). With pure, ethereal vocals poured over an industrial and sluggish beat, "Last Age" sounds like Gately found the hidden door to the intersection of light and shadow, planting her flag solidly at its nexus. At the track's core is a harsh sample of what sounds like a bottle being dragged across the ground, and there's an eerie contrast between the slow, wrenching rhythm and the light, airy vocals which echo out into the abyss. "Last Day" comes with a similarly demented and angular video from filmmaker Alexander Stewart, which can be seen after the jump.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player