Kiwi "Llama (Kahwe Remix)"
- Words: Jesse Sussman
For his defiant take on "Llama," the title track from fellow English producer Kiwi's debut EP for Deep Shit, Kahwe (pictured above) exchanges the traditional song structure for a six-minute wave of momentum that progresses on its own terms. This version nods to the original production's disco-inflected rhythms, but also takes "Llama" for a sublime, futuristic spin into late-night territory. It's also worth noting how well Kahwe paces his track, which avoids predictability by thoughtfully unfolding its array of heavy basslines, lush pads, and muffled vocal samples. And though this version isn't featured on the official release, Kiwi's EP can be streamed in full after the jump.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player