Kiwi "Llama (Kahwe Remix)"
- Words: Jesse Sussman
For his defiant take on "Llama," the title track from fellow English producer Kiwi's debut EP for Deep Shit, Kahwe (pictured above) exchanges the traditional song structure for a six-minute wave of momentum that progresses on its own terms. This version nods to the original production's disco-inflected rhythms, but also takes "Llama" for a sublime, futuristic spin into late-night territory. It's also worth noting how well Kahwe paces his track, which avoids predictability by thoughtfully unfolding its array of heavy basslines, lush pads, and muffled vocal samples. And though this version isn't featured on the official release, Kiwi's EP can be streamed in full after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player