- Words: Leo Maymind
London producer AEIOU has slowly been trickling tracks out into the world, utilizing filtered vocals typical of old school UK garage and precise percussion touches that demonstrate a sophisticated level of restraint. His latest, "Loin", shows a newfound appreciation of the type of hard-hitting 90's drum sounds that aren't too far removed from the Night Slugs universe. The track's minimal arrangement centers around a militant, four-on-the-floor kick, resonant bass stabs, and some ticking hi-hats that appear for a brief respite, all while circling a moaning vocal sample. In the club, this type of track is indispensable for a DJ to have in his back pocket but AEIOU manages to shave off just enough of the brutality to make this a worthwhile listen on and off the dancefloor.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player