- Words: Leo Maymind
London producer AEIOU has slowly been trickling tracks out into the world, utilizing filtered vocals typical of old school UK garage and precise percussion touches that demonstrate a sophisticated level of restraint. His latest, "Loin", shows a newfound appreciation of the type of hard-hitting 90's drum sounds that aren't too far removed from the Night Slugs universe. The track's minimal arrangement centers around a militant, four-on-the-floor kick, resonant bass stabs, and some ticking hi-hats that appear for a brief respite, all while circling a moaning vocal sample. In the club, this type of track is indispensable for a DJ to have in his back pocket but AEIOU manages to shave off just enough of the brutality to make this a worthwhile listen on and off the dancefloor.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player