- Words: Leo Maymind
London producer AEIOU has slowly been trickling tracks out into the world, utilizing filtered vocals typical of old school UK garage and precise percussion touches that demonstrate a sophisticated level of restraint. His latest, "Loin", shows a newfound appreciation of the type of hard-hitting 90's drum sounds that aren't too far removed from the Night Slugs universe. The track's minimal arrangement centers around a militant, four-on-the-floor kick, resonant bass stabs, and some ticking hi-hats that appear for a brief respite, all while circling a moaning vocal sample. In the club, this type of track is indispensable for a DJ to have in his back pocket but AEIOU manages to shave off just enough of the brutality to make this a worthwhile listen on and off the dancefloor.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player