- Words: Leo Maymind
London producer AEIOU has slowly been trickling tracks out into the world, utilizing filtered vocals typical of old school UK garage and precise percussion touches that demonstrate a sophisticated level of restraint. His latest, "Loin", shows a newfound appreciation of the type of hard-hitting 90's drum sounds that aren't too far removed from the Night Slugs universe. The track's minimal arrangement centers around a militant, four-on-the-floor kick, resonant bass stabs, and some ticking hi-hats that appear for a brief respite, all while circling a moaning vocal sample. In the club, this type of track is indispensable for a DJ to have in his back pocket but AEIOU manages to shave off just enough of the brutality to make this a worthwhile listen on and off the dancefloor.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player