- Words: Jesse Sussman
French producer Opti has just released the Need and Hostility EP, a seven-track effort over a year in the making and from which we've pulled the delicate "Need." Even on a cursory listen of the tune, Opti's sound design background reveals itself immediately, thanks to a scraping, metallic tone that somehow twists into a more wistful and lifelike sound. The producer continues to employ a wide array of unique timbres throughout his tune's duration—including thick, lush pads, skipping synths, and distant, reverb-soaked drum hits. Sometimes, the technical aspects of sound design can seem to be anything but musical, so it's all the more refreshing to hear Opti blend the two so seamlessly on "Need." And more of the artist's handiwork can be heard by streaming his brand-new EP after the jump.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player