Brenmar & DJ Fade "Outta Sight!"
- Words: Leo Maymind
DJ/producer Brenmar has a way of staying busy. After sharing his edit of Kanye West's "New Slaves" and his Moog- and Eno-inspired "Moog Beat", his latest track, a collaboration with New Jersey's DJ Fade, sounds like it could be on a Jock Jams compilation 50 years in the future. On "Outta Sight!," resonant 808 kicks and chopped vocals are spliced with some garage-y snares and footwork-inspired percussion that never seem to stop moving. Brenmar's been mining this territory for a while now, but it's good to see that he hasn't stopped finding new sounds to work into his palette.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player