Brenmar & DJ Fade "Outta Sight!"
- Words: Leo Maymind
DJ/producer Brenmar has a way of staying busy. After sharing his edit of Kanye West's "New Slaves" and his Moog- and Eno-inspired "Moog Beat", his latest track, a collaboration with New Jersey's DJ Fade, sounds like it could be on a Jock Jams compilation 50 years in the future. On "Outta Sight!," resonant 808 kicks and chopped vocals are spliced with some garage-y snares and footwork-inspired percussion that never seem to stop moving. Brenmar's been mining this territory for a while now, but it's good to see that he hasn't stopped finding new sounds to work into his palette.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player