Hayden James "Permission to Love (Charles Murdoch Remix)"
Australia has certainly become a hotbed for budding electronic producers in the past few years, and with artists like Charles Murdoch (pictured above) set to continue carrying the torch, this seems unlikely to change anytime soon. Rising through the same outlet that first introduced Flume to the world, Future Classic, Murdoch has started to sneak onto a number of radars—we even premiered his latest music video earlier this month—with a sleek production style which fuses intricate beatwork and tangled melodies with warm chords and a bluesy glow. The latest example of his well-crafted sound comes in the form of a remix of "Permission to Love" for fellow Aussie and labelmate Hayden James, whose soulful electro-pop tune is now available alongside Murdoch's version on his Splendour EP.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player