Hayden James "Permission to Love (Charles Murdoch Remix)"
Australia has certainly become a hotbed for budding electronic producers in the past few years, and with artists like Charles Murdoch (pictured above) set to continue carrying the torch, this seems unlikely to change anytime soon. Rising through the same outlet that first introduced Flume to the world, Future Classic, Murdoch has started to sneak onto a number of radars—we even premiered his latest music video earlier this month—with a sleek production style which fuses intricate beatwork and tangled melodies with warm chords and a bluesy glow. The latest example of his well-crafted sound comes in the form of a remix of "Permission to Love" for fellow Aussie and labelmate Hayden James, whose soulful electro-pop tune is now available alongside Murdoch's version on his Splendour EP.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player