Atticus Jacks "Potential"
Witness, the weekly party in Scotland's capital city of Edinburgh, is still going strong, and is celebrating this week with the release of its second free EP. Featuring a diverse group of new talent, the EP resides mostly in the 130-140 bpm range and is, unsurprisingly, engineered for the dancefloor. Atticus Jacks' "Potential" track is a particularly wound-up slice of energetic house which splits the difference between Addison Groove and Jacques Greene. A tight kick drum pattern and some offset cymbals intersect with a syncopated cowbell throughout the production—eventually, a thick bassline fills out the remaining frequencies and samples of a preacher pair with a smattering of resonant arpeggios to reach a very deserved climax. The rest of the Witness crew's EP can be downloaded for free, after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player