Atticus Jacks "Potential"
Witness, the weekly party in Scotland's capital city of Edinburgh, is still going strong, and is celebrating this week with the release of its second free EP. Featuring a diverse group of new talent, the EP resides mostly in the 130-140 bpm range and is, unsurprisingly, engineered for the dancefloor. Atticus Jacks' "Potential" track is a particularly wound-up slice of energetic house which splits the difference between Addison Groove and Jacques Greene. A tight kick drum pattern and some offset cymbals intersect with a syncopated cowbell throughout the production—eventually, a thick bassline fills out the remaining frequencies and samples of a preacher pair with a smattering of resonant arpeggios to reach a very deserved climax. The rest of the Witness crew's EP can be downloaded for free, after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player