Atticus Jacks "Potential"
Witness, the weekly party in Scotland's capital city of Edinburgh, is still going strong, and is celebrating this week with the release of its second free EP. Featuring a diverse group of new talent, the EP resides mostly in the 130-140 bpm range and is, unsurprisingly, engineered for the dancefloor. Atticus Jacks' "Potential" track is a particularly wound-up slice of energetic house which splits the difference between Addison Groove and Jacques Greene. A tight kick drum pattern and some offset cymbals intersect with a syncopated cowbell throughout the production—eventually, a thick bassline fills out the remaining frequencies and samples of a preacher pair with a smattering of resonant arpeggios to reach a very deserved climax. The rest of the Witness crew's EP can be downloaded for free, after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player