Just last week, we learned that Berlin-based producer Seams would be returning after a quiet 2012 with his debut full-length, Quarters, arriving on September 16 via Full Time Hobby. "Rilo" serves as the forthcoming LP's first single, and is a track which sheds some of the Four Tet-reminiscent vibes of his earlier work in exchange for a sharpened focus on lattice-like synth patterns and propulsive rhythms. In truth, there are not as many layers in "Rilo" as one might suspect, but the fact that Seams is able to create such an immersive labyrinth of buzzing melodies and straightforward momentum with such efficient means only bodes well for his debut album just around the corner.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player