On the title track off his new EP, Brighton upstart Ambassadeurs weaves together a beat which seems to never stand still. At its core, "Trouble" is built around a set of moody chords and a manipulated vocal sample that moves through at least four octaves, but few elements of the tune are able to stay in one place for very long; Ambassadeurs' miniature percussion gives way to steady hi-hats and thick snares, while the cool electric piano chords give way to multiple layers of sweeping synths. Its a tune that is restless without being overwhelming, and one that bodes well for both Ambassadeurs' EP and his debut full-length, which is expected to hit sometime this fall. For now, the remaining offerings from the six-track Trouble can be streamed in full after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player