Come Into My House marks the first release for No Kids, the Vancouver, Canada trio of multi-instrumentalists who combine crisp, sharp programming and sweeping orchestral arrangements. In the words of Owen Ashworth (Casiotone for the Painfully Alone), the album, set for release on February 19, "turns the mundane into cinemascopic musical extravaganza."
Downloads - Page 677
House and techno producer Oliver Ho has worked under his Raudive guise for the last couple of years, using it to explore the darker, more experimental sides of electronic music. Taken from the brand new Poker Flat compilation Dead Man's Hand, this track sees label boss Steve Bug turning the acid-flavored "Needles" into a snappy dancefloor number, driven by pianos, synths, and hi-hats.
Ghostland Observatory has made a name Read more »
Ken Fec recently took time from his work with Black Moth Super Rainbow to craft a new album under his Power Pill Fist name. Kongmanivong proves just how enthusiastic Fec is with experimental music, as he mixes techno, Krautrock, post-modern rock, and pop together, and manipulates an Atari 2600 for added effects and all-out weirdness.
The original version of this track was the closer for Radiohead's much-praised In Rainbows album, which Amplive has reinterpreted and transformed into Rainydayz Remixes. Here, the Oakland-based DJ and producer adds delays, chops up Thom Yorke's vocals, and has enlisted Del the Funky Homosapien to help with additional lyrics. Download the entire Rainydayz Remixes here.
Hip-hop producer and much-respected DIY man One Be Lo has eschewed traditional record distribution and self-released his second album, aptly titled The R.E.B.I.R.T.H.. This transition hasn't his abilities as an artist one bit. With the help of Vitamin D, Jake One, and others, One Be Lo has crafted another work of r&b-flavored beats and rhymes.
He's perhaps best known as half of the surrealist hip-hop duo Heralds of Change, but for his solo work, Mike Slott prefers to incorporate heavy amounts of soul into his beats. "Knock Knock" is part of All City Records' new seven-inch series, which begins in March and will showcase producers from Europe and the U.S. over the course of seven months.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player