Oscar Key Sung "B Good (Vocal City)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Earlier this month, rising Australian producer Oscar Key Sung released the <3 Symbols beat tape, a five-track effort made up of "tape-loop beats, [all] made with a four-track, a delay pedal, and a reverb pedal." "B Good (Vocal City)" serves as the collection's opening tune, with its loose-jointed rhythms enhanced by a set of deliciously funky chords and a hypnotically looped vocal sample. At times, the beat sounds like it's just about to completely fall apart, but the track never ventures too far off the rails—and in the end, is probably better for it. Oscar Key Sung's entire <3 Symbols beat collection is availbile now as a name-your-price download over on Bandcamp.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player