Oscar Key Sung "B Good (Vocal City)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Earlier this month, rising Australian producer Oscar Key Sung released the <3 Symbols beat tape, a five-track effort made up of "tape-loop beats, [all] made with a four-track, a delay pedal, and a reverb pedal." "B Good (Vocal City)" serves as the collection's opening tune, with its loose-jointed rhythms enhanced by a set of deliciously funky chords and a hypnotically looped vocal sample. At times, the beat sounds like it's just about to completely fall apart, but the track never ventures too far off the rails—and in the end, is probably better for it. Oscar Key Sung's entire <3 Symbols beat collection is availbile now as a name-your-price download over on Bandcamp.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player