Toboggan "Baby Don't Cry"
Montreal producer and previous Ryan Hemsworth collaborator Toboggan tends to work with the type of nocturnal, woozy sounds which recall the glory days of trip-hop. On "Baby Don't Cry," a track from his recently released Obscura EP for Infinite Machine, Toboggan marries jazzy, shuffled snare hits with swaths of white noise and a bluesy vocal sample that wouldn't sound out of place coming from the corners of a Portishead record. Sampled synth chords weave through the production, leaving holes for intricate percussion patterns to sneak into "Baby Don't Cry"'s late-night gaze.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player