Doctor Zygote "Beirut Dub"
On September 2, UK-based beatmaker Doctor Zygote will inaugurate the Black Acre Library Series with his Grupo Zygote LP. Embracing self-imposed limitations a way to spark inspiration, Doctor Zygote produced each track on his album using only sounds he actually played himself, a fine example of which is the warped "Beirut Dub." The reverb-drenched number is a sinister cut of instrumental hip-hop that recalls '70s horror soundtracks and features a dense, dub-influenced production aesthetic.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player