Doctor Zygote "Beirut Dub"
On September 2, UK-based beatmaker Doctor Zygote will inaugurate the Black Acre Library Series with his Grupo Zygote LP. Embracing self-imposed limitations a way to spark inspiration, Doctor Zygote produced each track on his album using only sounds he actually played himself, a fine example of which is the warped "Beirut Dub." The reverb-drenched number is a sinister cut of instrumental hip-hop that recalls '70s horror soundtracks and features a dense, dub-influenced production aesthetic.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player