Saga is an Irish grime producer currently living in London, and he's set to release his debut EP, Crescent, via fellow London producer Visionist's Lost Codes label, an outpost which has spent the last couple of years putting out forward-thinking bass music from the likes of Acre and SD Laika. From the aforementioned record (the details of which are virtually non-existent), "Bone" offers an experimental take on the classic grime template, with pummelling snares, aggressive claps, lurching dynamics, and wobbly synth tones working out the dark and fractured grooves.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player