Helado Negro "Detroit"
Brooklyn resident Roberto Carlos Lange has always been something of a shapeshifter. He has released several records of his own carefree and delicate electronic productions, partnered with Julianna Barwick for their collaborative OMBRE project, and worked with fellow restless beatmaker Guillermo Scott Herren (a.k.a. Prefuse 73) in Savath y Savalas. For his upcoming Island Universe Story Two EP, which will be released under the Helado Negro alias on August 27, Lange focuses on his own creative process rather than setting out to achieve any specific goal, describing its creation as one of compiling daily recordings. "Detroit," a mid-tempo track from the upcoming record, rides a skipping bass melody and playful vocal coos into a soothing, sensual limbo. The song never feels rushed or desperate—almost as if it's discovering its own structure concurrently with the listener. Furthermore, Lange will be taking Helado Negro out on the road for a tour this fall, the full dates of which can be found after the jump.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player