Helado Negro "Detroit"
Brooklyn resident Roberto Carlos Lange has always been something of a shapeshifter. He has released several records of his own carefree and delicate electronic productions, partnered with Julianna Barwick for their collaborative OMBRE project, and worked with fellow restless beatmaker Guillermo Scott Herren (a.k.a. Prefuse 73) in Savath y Savalas. For his upcoming Island Universe Story Two EP, which will be released under the Helado Negro alias on August 27, Lange focuses on his own creative process rather than setting out to achieve any specific goal, describing its creation as one of compiling daily recordings. "Detroit," a mid-tempo track from the upcoming record, rides a skipping bass melody and playful vocal coos into a soothing, sensual limbo. The song never feels rushed or desperate—almost as if it's discovering its own structure concurrently with the listener. Furthermore, Lange will be taking Helado Negro out on the road for a tour this fall, the full dates of which can be found after the jump.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player