After Swedish producer Beem (a.k.a. Fredrik Mjelle) released his The Future LP on the web back in 2008, it quickly garnered a reputation as an influential album for the rising skweee scene; five years later, Portland label Ausland Schläge is gearing up to re-release the album on cassette. We've pulled the slick opening track from the record, a production which begins with just shuffling drum-machine sounds. But before long, a cast of carefully tweaked and funky synthesizers command the spotlight on "Muni," resulting in a head-nodding groove that calls to mind the nostalgic sounds of '80s dance music.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player