Konrad Wehrmeister "Schniek"
Munich/Berlin-based techno producer Konrad Wehrmeister has contributed a track to Polyrhythmic Series #2, a compilation from the relatively new SVS label. (We got a sneak peek of the first installment of the series back in June.) "Schniek" is a minimal slice of dub-techno, with a steady motorik pulse underpinning the track's dense polyrhythms and icy ambience. Over the course of its 10-minute runtime, Wehrmeister's production builds from the eerie abstraction of its opening moments to something more closely resembling a conventional club tune, combining the best of both worlds. The rest of the Polyrhythmic Series #2 arrives on September 6 on both digital and limited vinyl formats, but can be previewed before then, after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player