Worn "See Through"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Experimental techno producers Ventress and Shifted have been carefully curating their Avian label for a few years, primarily focusing on the dark, brooding side of techno. But the pair's interest in experimental sounds rendered the need for a different outlet, and thus they created Mira, a sub-label focused on 10" releases skewed towards industrial and drone-influenced tracks. Ventress is inaugurating his output for the label under the new moniker Worn, and it's a fitting name for his "See Through" bonus track, which sees the producer loosely dragging a sludgy beat through the mud. A muted kick is the only steadfast element in the mix, as high-pitched echoes and low rumbles weave in and out, leaving the listener with a very palpable sense of anxiety.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player