Worn "See Through"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Experimental techno producers Ventress and Shifted have been carefully curating their Avian label for a few years, primarily focusing on the dark, brooding side of techno. But the pair's interest in experimental sounds rendered the need for a different outlet, and thus they created Mira, a sub-label focused on 10" releases skewed towards industrial and drone-influenced tracks. Ventress is inaugurating his output for the label under the new moniker Worn, and it's a fitting name for his "See Through" bonus track, which sees the producer loosely dragging a sludgy beat through the mud. A muted kick is the only steadfast element in the mix, as high-pitched echoes and low rumbles weave in and out, leaving the listener with a very palpable sense of anxiety.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player