Worn "See Through"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Experimental techno producers Ventress and Shifted have been carefully curating their Avian label for a few years, primarily focusing on the dark, brooding side of techno. But the pair's interest in experimental sounds rendered the need for a different outlet, and thus they created Mira, a sub-label focused on 10" releases skewed towards industrial and drone-influenced tracks. Ventress is inaugurating his output for the label under the new moniker Worn, and it's a fitting name for his "See Through" bonus track, which sees the producer loosely dragging a sludgy beat through the mud. A muted kick is the only steadfast element in the mix, as high-pitched echoes and low rumbles weave in and out, leaving the listener with a very palpable sense of anxiety.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player