Worn "See Through"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Experimental techno producers Ventress and Shifted have been carefully curating their Avian label for a few years, primarily focusing on the dark, brooding side of techno. But the pair's interest in experimental sounds rendered the need for a different outlet, and thus they created Mira, a sub-label focused on 10" releases skewed towards industrial and drone-influenced tracks. Ventress is inaugurating his output for the label under the new moniker Worn, and it's a fitting name for his "See Through" bonus track, which sees the producer loosely dragging a sludgy beat through the mud. A muted kick is the only steadfast element in the mix, as high-pitched echoes and low rumbles weave in and out, leaving the listener with a very palpable sense of anxiety.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player