Me Succeeds "Seventeen (Iron Curtis Remix)"
Longtime XLR8R readers might recognize the name Iron Curtis from our Bubblin' Up feature with the Berlin producer a few years back, so it's a nice surprise to see him pop up again since his podcast from last year, offering us his remix for Hamburg-based band Me Succeeds. The producer takes the group's "Seventeen" track and gives it an intensity reminiscent of the excitement and hyper-active energy of early '90s electronic music. Using drilling breakbeats, dreamy synth pads, and a funky bass tone that's bursting with attitude, Iron Curtis transforms the song into a more detailed and cinematic take on the original version. Rongorongo Remixed, which compiles this track with remixes from 10 other producers, will be available via Ki on September 2.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player