Me Succeeds "Seventeen (Iron Curtis Remix)"
Longtime XLR8R readers might recognize the name Iron Curtis from our Bubblin' Up feature with the Berlin producer a few years back, so it's a nice surprise to see him pop up again since his podcast from last year, offering us his remix for Hamburg-based band Me Succeeds. The producer takes the group's "Seventeen" track and gives it an intensity reminiscent of the excitement and hyper-active energy of early '90s electronic music. Using drilling breakbeats, dreamy synth pads, and a funky bass tone that's bursting with attitude, Iron Curtis transforms the song into a more detailed and cinematic take on the original version. Rongorongo Remixed, which compiles this track with remixes from 10 other producers, will be available via Ki on September 2.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player