Club 8 "Stop Taking My Time (Bam Spacey's Stolen Hearts Dub)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
"Stop Taking My Time," the new single by Club 8 (pictured above) from the duo's Above the City LP for Labrador, began as an energetic synth-pop ballad, but in the hands of Bam Spacey, the track has been transformed into a breezy, pool party-aimed house tune. On his rework, the Swedish producer takes nearly eight minutes to unfold his so-called "Stolen Hearts Dub," landing on a central groove full of tropical percussion and lightweight melodies. Thankfully, he also takes the time to stop off every so often for the kind of swirling, synth-laden breakdowns that a producer with such an interstellar handle is bound to deliver.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player