Club 8 "Stop Taking My Time (Bam Spacey's Stolen Hearts Dub)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
"Stop Taking My Time," the new single by Club 8 (pictured above) from the duo's Above the City LP for Labrador, began as an energetic synth-pop ballad, but in the hands of Bam Spacey, the track has been transformed into a breezy, pool party-aimed house tune. On his rework, the Swedish producer takes nearly eight minutes to unfold his so-called "Stolen Hearts Dub," landing on a central groove full of tropical percussion and lightweight melodies. Thankfully, he also takes the time to stop off every so often for the kind of swirling, synth-laden breakdowns that a producer with such an interstellar handle is bound to deliver.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player