Brandt Brauer Frick "Two in a Bush"
Classically inclined Berlin three-piece Brandt Brauer Frick has a premise that borders on novelty—eschewing laptops, samplers, drum machines, and synths in favor of crafting techno with orchestral instruments. The outfit's three members—who earlier this year released the well-received Miami LP via !K7—have overseen a compilation for their own imprint, The Gym, calling it Muscle Tuff. The record is premised on the idea of creating workout music, and as the press release notes, "proves that gym aficionados can be melancholic and deeply existentialistic, meditating on the world's serious issues while gently pumping iron." Brandt Brauer Frick's own contribution, "Two in a Bush," exhibits a canny organicism, and more than a hint of scuffed, driving percussion. Before Muscle Tuff drops on September 2, clips of the entire record can be found after the jump.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player