British producer Mau'lin is a relatively new artist with a record for Diskotopia arriving on August 26. "Visitor," a bonus track from the digital version of his Quotient EP, trades in the type of complex techno that has populated Berlin's musical landscape for over a decade. Mau'lin's production adds a Detroit toughness to the dark, driving rhythms, as he twists a simple arpeggio riff into various guises along the way. Never overbearing the listener with too many elements, Mau'lin adds a sly, pitch-shifting synth phrase and a quiet, rumbling vocal sample as its counterpoint, bringing just enough variation to keep the arrangement on edge. What's more, an abridged version of the EP's title track has been paired with some psychedelic visuals, which can be seen after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player