Klaves "What I Like"
Mining the sleeker ends of R&B-leaning electronics, Polish producer Klaves has come up with a rather irresistable title track to lead off his forthcoming EP for the Kastle-helmed Symbols label (out on September 10). Though built from a somewhat standard set of elements—i.e. luscious, sweeping chords, pot-and-pan percussion, tuned sub-bass, and generous helpings of pitched-and-chopped female vocals—Klaves fits it all together in a way that sounds remarkably fresh. The result is a production that lands on the leaner side of the bass music spectrum, but with plenty of juicy melodic twists and gliding chord combinations for headphone and dancefloor listeners to enjoy.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player