Simultaneously light-hearted and despondent, the first single off Boy in Static's Candy Cigarette makes for a palate of strings, pianos, and electro synths served over a hefty dose of electronic bleeps. Candy Cigarette is out April 17 on Fake Four
Downloads - Page 654
Switzerland-based producer and remixer WILDLIFE got ahold of this track—which originally appeared on Ghislain Poirier's No Ground Under album—and the resulting remix is a cross between something fit for dark, dirty clubs and some strange video game.
If M83 and Bradford Cox taught a seminar on how to make shoegaze-influenced instrumental rock, then Deerhunter member Locklett Pundt's first full-length under his Lotus Plaza guise would be the resulting track. "Whiteout" is off The Floodlight Collective, due March 23.
The word "teufelswerk"—which also happens to be the title of DJ Hell's forthcoming full-length—is German for "Devil's Work," so it's no surprise the lead single off the album is a rather ominous blend of brooding electronics and slow, steady guitar riffs. Tracks on the album take the theme of either night or day, and it’s not hard to tell which one this falls under. "The Angst" is out February 23.
Often heralded as makers of "tropical punk," Los Angeles-based four-piece Abe Vigoda moves into slightly darker territory on its latest release, the Reviver EP, into feedback-dominated post-punk territory. The Reviver EP is out February 17. Photo by Sarah Cass.
The cartoonish Puppetmastaz crew put this track in the hands of Sirius Mo, and from that collaboration comes this remix, a lively electro-meets-hip-hop number chock full of bouncy synths and ridiculous raps. Off the "Reservoir Foxin/So Scandalous" 12", out now on Discograph.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player