Silk 86 "Aviation Blonde"
- Words: Leo Maymind
Silk 86 might be a new name to most, but the UK duo of Finn Casey and Thomas L has been DJing and throwing parties in its native London for over a decade now. So it's to be expected that "Aviation Blonde," a new track Silk 86 is giving away to celebrate the imminent release of its Pleasure Venture EP (out on October 28 via Sneaky), shows no signs of the two producers being out of their element. The cut is a smooth, expansive ride through a few decades of dance music history, as funky hi-hat patterns mingle with a delay-soaked vocal sample and '80s-indebted synth pads float over a taut '90s-era kick drum. And the steady build of "Aviation Blonde" never peaks too early, demonstrating Silk 86's implicit understanding of how to tease and energize a dancefloor.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player