Nightmares on Wax "Be, I Do (Jameszoo Remix)"
Jameszoo (pictured above) has been responsible for his share of eccentric beats recently, and on his remix of "Be, I Do"—a cut pulled Nightmares on Wax's fast-approaching Feelin' Good LP for Warp (out September 17)—the Dutch producer again conjures up an off-kilter production that illicits equal amounts of head scratching and head nodding. In a span of just four minutes, the rising beatsmith essentially rolls through three different beats—beginning with a spacey set of chords and rising melodies before landing us in the middle of some cartoon funk. Everything gradually morphs back into a space voyage of boom-bap rhythms, all topped off with a proper jazz touch. In the end, Jameszoo again proves that disorienting your listener isn't always such a bad thing, especially when the guy in charge of the sounds seems able to effortlessly strut around all the disparate parts with confidence.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player