Velvet Tux "Creole"
Chasing Toulouse—a just-launched label from London, ushering in its roster with free digital releases spread out over the coming months—has announced its foray into dance music with "Creole," a lustrous cut of UK house from London upstarts Velvet Tux. Subtle, pestering synths ebb and flow as a rich kick drum and spotless, delayed chords lead into the focal section's tilted, galloping rhythms. An unnamed female vocalist lends her sensual Spanish whispers to relax the track even further into a late-night lounge setting. The rest of Chasing Toulouse's inaugural offering is now available over on SoundCloud.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player