Velvet Tux "Creole"
Chasing Toulouse—a just-launched label from London, ushering in its roster with free digital releases spread out over the coming months—has announced its foray into dance music with "Creole," a lustrous cut of UK house from London upstarts Velvet Tux. Subtle, pestering synths ebb and flow as a rich kick drum and spotless, delayed chords lead into the focal section's tilted, galloping rhythms. An unnamed female vocalist lends her sensual Spanish whispers to relax the track even further into a late-night lounge setting. The rest of Chasing Toulouse's inaugural offering is now available over on SoundCloud.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player