Velvet Tux "Creole"
Chasing Toulouse—a just-launched label from London, ushering in its roster with free digital releases spread out over the coming months—has announced its foray into dance music with "Creole," a lustrous cut of UK house from London upstarts Velvet Tux. Subtle, pestering synths ebb and flow as a rich kick drum and spotless, delayed chords lead into the focal section's tilted, galloping rhythms. An unnamed female vocalist lends her sensual Spanish whispers to relax the track even further into a late-night lounge setting. The rest of Chasing Toulouse's inaugural offering is now available over on SoundCloud.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player