SETH "Don't Open Your Make"
Following Gobby's Fashion Lady LP from earlier this year, the Brooklyn techno galvanizer has teamed up with vocalist James K for a new project called SETH. And though the duo compiled a sort of precursor of a mix about a year ago, the smeared and slimy "Don't Open Your Make" is our first taste of SETH's original music. Here, Gobby and James K sound sublimely incandescent, lazily balancing on the back of their beat. The singer's strangely ethereal vocals bring to mind '90s-era trip-hop with nods to the more gothy sounds of the '80s, as the production's angular and discordant melodies align "Don't Open Your Make" more with UNO's left-of-center aesthetic. The rest of SETH's debut EP, Chick on the Moon, will be released on October 8.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player