"Durga," a cut from Scottish producer Cain's Mora EP (due out via Fine Grains on September 30), immediately juxtaposes a heavily percussive intro with crystalline synths to establish its contrasting sound palette. Cain continues to add in warped chord progressions and an otherworldly keyboard riff without compromising the lightness of his production. And though the song's overlapping polyrhythms flirt with both footwork and dubstep, "Durga" would be an outlier in both camps.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player