"Durga," a cut from Scottish producer Cain's Mora EP (due out via Fine Grains on September 30), immediately juxtaposes a heavily percussive intro with crystalline synths to establish its contrasting sound palette. Cain continues to add in warped chord progressions and an otherworldly keyboard riff without compromising the lightness of his production. And though the song's overlapping polyrhythms flirt with both footwork and dubstep, "Durga" would be an outlier in both camps.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player