"Durga," a cut from Scottish producer Cain's Mora EP (due out via Fine Grains on September 30), immediately juxtaposes a heavily percussive intro with crystalline synths to establish its contrasting sound palette. Cain continues to add in warped chord progressions and an otherworldly keyboard riff without compromising the lightness of his production. And though the song's overlapping polyrhythms flirt with both footwork and dubstep, "Durga" would be an outlier in both camps.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player