OL "Feel Me"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
One of the reasons Moscow's underground electronic music scene has remained so exciting over the past few years is that it doesn't stand still. Artists seem to absorb sonic influences like some kind of mutant SoundCloud sponge, and as a result, their tracks are in a constant state of change, forming hybrids that are endlessly switching pieces in and out. OL is one such producer, and with his forthcoming, vinyl-only Make Things EP for Moscow label/party/crew Capital Bass, the Russian tunesmith seems to have soaked up the sounds of soulful boogie and drum machine-fueled house. "Feel Me," a one-off track which has been streaming online since early last month, follows suit with its filtered chords, hand percussion, and slight uptempo skitter merging with bits of dark atmosphere for an intriguing combination. OL's Make Things EP can be previewed before it officially drops on September 23, after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player