Da Lata "Um Amor A Mais (Prophets of the South Fundi Remix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Chris Franck and Patrick Forge have been conjuring Afro-Brazilian sounds as Da Lata (pictured above) for 20 years, with their latest LP Fabiola dropping on October 21 via Agogo. Ahead of that occasion, "Um Amor A Mais"—the lead single from the London duo's new album—has received a remix treatment from Glasgow-via-South Africa outfit Prophets of the South. With traditional staccato guitars, spoken and lightly chanted vocals, and Africanized synth glides, this club version of Da Lata's song retains the ecstatic drum-circle state of the continent's root music, while also outfitting it with some contemporary charm.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
XLR8R Downloads Player