Da Lata "Um Amor A Mais (Prophets of the South Fundi Remix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Chris Franck and Patrick Forge have been conjuring Afro-Brazilian sounds as Da Lata (pictured above) for 20 years, with their latest LP Fabiola dropping on October 21 via Agogo. Ahead of that occasion, "Um Amor A Mais"—the lead single from the London duo's new album—has received a remix treatment from Glasgow-via-South Africa outfit Prophets of the South. With traditional staccato guitars, spoken and lightly chanted vocals, and Africanized synth glides, this club version of Da Lata's song retains the ecstatic drum-circle state of the continent's root music, while also outfitting it with some contemporary charm.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player