Da Lata "Um Amor A Mais (Prophets of the South Fundi Remix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Chris Franck and Patrick Forge have been conjuring Afro-Brazilian sounds as Da Lata (pictured above) for 20 years, with their latest LP Fabiola dropping on October 21 via Agogo. Ahead of that occasion, "Um Amor A Mais"—the lead single from the London duo's new album—has received a remix treatment from Glasgow-via-South Africa outfit Prophets of the South. With traditional staccato guitars, spoken and lightly chanted vocals, and Africanized synth glides, this club version of Da Lata's song retains the ecstatic drum-circle state of the continent's root music, while also outfitting it with some contemporary charm.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player