Da Lata "Um Amor A Mais (Prophets of the South Fundi Remix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Chris Franck and Patrick Forge have been conjuring Afro-Brazilian sounds as Da Lata (pictured above) for 20 years, with their latest LP Fabiola dropping on October 21 via Agogo. Ahead of that occasion, "Um Amor A Mais"—the lead single from the London duo's new album—has received a remix treatment from Glasgow-via-South Africa outfit Prophets of the South. With traditional staccato guitars, spoken and lightly chanted vocals, and Africanized synth glides, this club version of Da Lata's song retains the ecstatic drum-circle state of the continent's root music, while also outfitting it with some contemporary charm.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player