Ricardo Tobar "If I Love You (Low Jack Remix)"
Chilean producer Ricardo Tobar first appeared back in 2007 with two EPs for James Holden's Border Community label. Those releases explored a strain of detail-oriented techno, but Tobar has continued evolving his sound. His new full-length, Trellis, is set for an October release via French label Desire, and was preceded by lead single "If I Love You," which dropped last week with a remix by Parisian producer Low Jack. The French artist turns Tobar's track into a dark burner that builds on a barrage of resonant kicks and a swelling siren that seems to hint at oncoming disaster.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player