Up-and-coming UK producer Submerse has shared his new "Melonkoly" tune, the title track from an EP due to drop on October 7 via Project: Mooncircle. Following his Algorithms and Ghosts EP from earlier this year, Submerse continues to twist an array of light and youthful sounds into teary-eyed jams for late-night drives. "Melonkoly" is built on fluffy touches of UK garage, and opens with filtered radio static and swelling pads before clunking along on 2-step beats and ethereal vocal samples for the rest of its three minutes. Eventually, the buzzing pads rise above the steady song structure, helping to create a sense of tension until it all breaks down into a somber field recording.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player