Lewis James "Midnight (Instrumental)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
It's been a busy year for Amsterdam-based producer Lewis James, who will follow up the Krakatoa EP with his second release of 2013, Desire For Infinity (out on September 16 via Original Cultures). Leading up to that record, the label is giving away an instrumental version of EP cut "Midnight." James lays deep, sensual bass over entrancing guitar and string loops on his track, refitting a dance music structure with hip-hop production techniques. It's a departure from the spastic rave bliss of Krakatoa and much more in line with the work of young beatheads like, say, Star Slinger. The EP version of "Midnight" features detuned, smoky vocals from recurring collaborator Dolor, and can be streamed after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player