RUMTUM "Ritz Bitz"
Even in 2013, it's hard to argue with a good break. Cleveland native Josh Hastings (a.k.a. RUMTUM) seems to agree with that production philosophy, basing "Ritz Bitz"—a cut from his forthcoming Mystic Wonders LP—on a compressed-to-all-hell, midtempo drum loop, on top of which he layers a set of impossibly funky chords, bubbling arpeggios, and loads of crisp percussion. The combination yields a track that has just enough boom-bap to keep the beatheads happy and just enough psychedelic weirdness to make it an easy choice to accompany one's afternoon smoke session—all of which boasts well for RUMTUM's soon-to-drop album, out later this month via 1320.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player