Indian Ocean "School Bell/Treehouse (Pezzner Edit)"
- Words: James Eaton
"School Bell/Treehouse" is a classic slice of leftfield dance music which Arthur Russell released under the name Indian Ocean back in 1985. It has since been remixed by disco-edit pioneer Walter Gibbons, and now, Seattle house stalwart and Vitalik affiliate Pezzner (pictured above) has given the vintage cut his own edit. The seasoned producer beefs up "School Bell/Treehouse" with thicker kicks, some extra crunchy percussion, and a few other bits of sly sonic ephemera, making the quick-bouncing track all the more appropriate for modern soundsystems. And we're treated to this free tune today courtesy of the folks at Vitalik, who have a big event planned for this Sunday, September 8, at We Love Space in Ibiza—a night which will includes performances from the likes of Claude VonStroke, Derrick May, Jimmy Edgar, and DJ Hell, among many others. The full details of that party can be found here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player