Indian Ocean "School Bell/Treehouse (Pezzner Edit)"
- Words: James Eaton
"School Bell/Treehouse" is a classic slice of leftfield dance music which Arthur Russell released under the name Indian Ocean back in 1985. It has since been remixed by disco-edit pioneer Walter Gibbons, and now, Seattle house stalwart and Vitalik affiliate Pezzner (pictured above) has given the vintage cut his own edit. The seasoned producer beefs up "School Bell/Treehouse" with thicker kicks, some extra crunchy percussion, and a few other bits of sly sonic ephemera, making the quick-bouncing track all the more appropriate for modern soundsystems. And we're treated to this free tune today courtesy of the folks at Vitalik, who have a big event planned for this Sunday, September 8, at We Love Space in Ibiza—a night which will includes performances from the likes of Claude VonStroke, Derrick May, Jimmy Edgar, and DJ Hell, among many others. The full details of that party can be found here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player