The longstanding (but sporadically releasing) trio of Kevin Hayes, Kirk Marrison, and Clark Rehberg III (a.k.a. KILN) has pieced together its third full-length record for Ghostly, calling it meadow:watt. Serving as a preview is album cut "Star.field," which tucks miniature melodies and unidentifiable percussion underneath a hi-fi tapestry of granular synthesis and rich, computer-enhanced bursts of chords, blurring the lines between sound design and composition through the use of refracted electronics and bits of live instrumentation. The production is anchored by an almost playful, dub-rooted bassline, and—like much of KILN's work—is pleasantly reminiscent of Pole and the output of his now-defunct ~scape label. Before Ghostly releases meadow:watt on November 12 (pre-order here), its artwork can be seen above, and its full tracklist can be found after the jump.
06 Moth and Moon
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player