SecondCity "What You Need"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
UK house outfit SecondCity has been trickling out its own '90s throwbacks online for a short while now, and saw its first official release—The Story EP—via Huxley's Saints & Sonnets imprint back in June. With the exclusive "What You Need," the production team propels familiar vocal sampling, massive filter sweeps, and anticipated beat sequences into an ageless, welcoming space. Using a hospitable tone palette of comforting bass, figure-hugging kicks, and crisp cymbals, SecondCity's cut plays out like a warm blanket of dancefloor nostalgia.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player