Besides releasing his latest album Read more »
Downloads - Page 660
Bay Area producers Read more »
There's no better way to support an artist than by directly paying them for their music, and 23-year old Los Angeles-based producer Sam Baker, a.k.a. Samiyam, has made that concept easier than ever. A couple weeks ago, Sam announced that he would sell his Rap Beats Vol. 1 release through paypal, directly from his MySpace page, where a few more choice selections from the disc can be heard. For a mere 10 bones, fans get a handmade CDR with custom artwork and 23 dusty hip-hop beats as only Sam can make them. He has asked that anyone purchasing the release take a photo of the artwork and post on his blog. Photo by Pinkee.
Even though Silje Nes studied classical piano, she doesn’t touch the instrument much anymore, opting instead for ones she has had less conventional training, with, which lends a pleasant naivety to her home recordings. Her songs exist in a charming, bedroom world of lightly strummed guitars and gently tapped rhythms. “It’s the recording that I enjoy,” she says, “and I can’t separate that from the songwriting.” Nes, a Norwegian-based artist, is playing her first set of U.S. dates this week, hopefully translating this sort of homespun intimacy into the club setting.
Grandmothers across the United States would never have guessed that knitting would make them as hip as they are these days. Crafting clothing seems to be nearly as popular as, well, electronic music, a fact that hasn’t been lost on Brooklyn’s Teletextile. Pamela Martinez, the violinist, vocalist, and songwriter of the group, was a seamstress long before she started stitching together songs with her current quartet. Boston-based DJ Die Young tailors the remix of this track with some delay effects and a strong bass beat, making a nice fit for the dance floor. Wyatt Williams
One of the first hip-hop groups to publicly Read more »
Anthony Gozales has once again proven himself one of the masters of 21st-century shoegaze with his fifth studio album under the M83 moniker. Saturdays = Youth, to be released shortly on Mute, finds the French producer enhancing the vocals, guitars, and percussion with his trademark dreamy synth notes, and structurally, songs on this album feel more coherent than on any other of Gonzales' releases. "Graveyard Girl" is the album's first single. Photo by Anouck Bertin.
- NewsDownload Damiano Von Erckert's 'Love Based Music' LP with a Remix from Motor City Drum Ensemble
- NewsListen to Visionist's Remix of Ghostpoet
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- MP3The Acid "Basic Instinct (Lapalux Remix)"
- Locals Only: Shit Robot Details His Five Favorite Spots in Stuttgart
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
XLR8R Downloads Player