Bugati Force–the Berlin-based trio of Cashmaster Diamond, Droopy Goldberg, and Spänk–knows its way around a dance party. This exclusive offering from Shir Khan's Exploited imprint finds the DJ/Production crew grabbing elements from two of the most fail-proof club jams in history, Green Velvet’s “Shake and Pop” and 2 Live Crew’s “Shake Dat Ass Bitch,” and seamlessly mashing them together into one ultimate peak-hour tune. Originally released as a now out-of-stock 7", "Shake & Pop Bitch" is already seeing play from heavyweights like Stereo MCs, Edu K, and Daniel Haaksman.
Downloads - Page 680
Tobacco Road begins in rural Kentucky, at a Southern Baptist sermon, and follows the struggles of a proverbial farmer who is, one learns along the way, one and the same person as Common Market's MC RA Scion. Beneath the introspective lyrical content, producer Sabzi has laid tightly composed beat compositions, melodic pianos, and string arrangements. Fans of Atmosphere's latest album will enjoy this track.
Ah Detroit. Land of abandoned buildings, shitty weather, and a highly esteemed hip-hop scene full of colorful characters and compelling music. eLZhi's a longtime member of this pack, having risen to success in the late '90s with Slum Village and his work with the late Dilla, but The Preface, due out next month, marks his first solo full-length. A skilled MC who likes his rhymes perfect, he enlisted fellow Motor City veteran Black Milk to steer the production helm, then invited Royce Da 5'9", Guilty Simpson, T3 of Slum Village, Phat Kat, and more to guest on the album. "Motown 25," as its title suggests, features Motown flavors laid over heavy beats, and is warmer than a piping hot plate of soul food. Photo by Jeremy Deputat.
Just another day, just another release for indietronic maestro Marc Bianchi (a.k.a. Her Space Holiday). The California-born producer has, over the last several years, unleashed a hefty number of full-lengths, EPs, and singles, and he just dropped another one, Sleepy Tigers, this past week over at Mush. The four-track EP's title track is the lead single off Bianchi's forthcoming new full-length, and is accompanied by three brand-new compositions, including this upbeat number full of bells, claps, and accordions.
Latin soul's back, and it's courtesy of New York-based collective Bronx River Parkway. The multi-member group that boasts no less than four vocalists is set to release San Sebastian 152 through Truth & Soul, and the album marks the band's first release since a lone single in 2005. "La Valla" opens with a bubbling bassline that's joined by pianos, horns, raps, and more, all of which slink and groove through three-plus minutes and beckon the listener to get up and dance.
Saddle Creek bands Read more »
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player