Lee Bannon "216"
After learning news of Sacramento producer Lee Bannon's signing to Ninja Tune earlier this month (an announcement that also brought with it a free EP), we now get the first tase of his forthcoming LP for the label in "216." Set to drop on December 9, Bannon's Alternate / Endings album appears primed to bring an impressive set of dark, twisted beats from the enigmatic producer. "216" leads the charge as a rough-around-the-edges slice of brooding, bass-infused beat work in which solemn piano notes are placed next to a ceaseless barrage of heavy, drum & bass-indebted rhythms. It's hard to tell if Bannon is trying to get this track to lift off or is deliberately making it crash down, but either way, the California producer sounds like he's not interested in keeping his tunes earthbound. The tracklist and artwork for the upcoming Alternate / Endings LP can be perused after the jump.
04 Shoot Out The Stars And Win
06 Phoebe Cates
09 Value 10
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player