Lee Bannon "216"
After learning news of Sacramento producer Lee Bannon's signing to Ninja Tune earlier this month (an announcement that also brought with it a free EP), we now get the first tase of his forthcoming LP for the label in "216." Set to drop on December 9, Bannon's Alternate / Endings album appears primed to bring an impressive set of dark, twisted beats from the enigmatic producer. "216" leads the charge as a rough-around-the-edges slice of brooding, bass-infused beat work in which solemn piano notes are placed next to a ceaseless barrage of heavy, drum & bass-indebted rhythms. It's hard to tell if Bannon is trying to get this track to lift off or is deliberately making it crash down, but either way, the California producer sounds like he's not interested in keeping his tunes earthbound. The tracklist and artwork for the upcoming Alternate / Endings LP can be perused after the jump.
04 Shoot Out The Stars And Win
06 Phoebe Cates
09 Value 10
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player