Single Point Edge "Aporia"
Dutch label Rwina hasn't dabbled much in techno, but they are dipping their toes in frigid waters with an upcoming release from mysterious producer Single Point Edge. "Aporia," a track sourced from the artist's eponymous album (due out October 28) offers a steely techno beat held together by a rapid synth arpeggios and moody atmospherics that slowly swell around the song's borders. The entrance of an ominous ride cymbal and rapid-fire handclaps reveal an enhanced attention to detail to the minimalistic bearings and rough sounds which mark the track. As a result, "Aporia" is an impressive cross-section of melody and force, and ultimately, a track that bodes well for Single Point Edge's future.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player