Single Point Edge "Aporia"
Dutch label Rwina hasn't dabbled much in techno, but they are dipping their toes in frigid waters with an upcoming release from mysterious producer Single Point Edge. "Aporia," a track sourced from the artist's eponymous album (due out October 28) offers a steely techno beat held together by a rapid synth arpeggios and moody atmospherics that slowly swell around the song's borders. The entrance of an ominous ride cymbal and rapid-fire handclaps reveal an enhanced attention to detail to the minimalistic bearings and rough sounds which mark the track. As a result, "Aporia" is an impressive cross-section of melody and force, and ultimately, a track that bodes well for Single Point Edge's future.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player