Single Point Edge "Aporia"
Dutch label Rwina hasn't dabbled much in techno, but they are dipping their toes in frigid waters with an upcoming release from mysterious producer Single Point Edge. "Aporia," a track sourced from the artist's eponymous album (due out October 28) offers a steely techno beat held together by a rapid synth arpeggios and moody atmospherics that slowly swell around the song's borders. The entrance of an ominous ride cymbal and rapid-fire handclaps reveal an enhanced attention to detail to the minimalistic bearings and rough sounds which mark the track. As a result, "Aporia" is an impressive cross-section of melody and force, and ultimately, a track that bodes well for Single Point Edge's future.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player