Orphan Swords "Caim"
Sound experimentalist and founder of the Idiosyncratics label Yannick Franck works with Maze as industrial-slanted techno duo Orphan Swords. Featured here, "Caim" is a new track from the pair which arrives before its upcoming three-track tape is released sometime next month. The single is made up of a screeching, splitting bell tone that wavers above locked grooves and dubby synth undulations; the whole thing is pushed along by a sterile book-kat beat. The grinding sounds and whirling blasts of white noise position the track directly in the realm of acts like Sandwell District and Richie Hawtin's digressive and hypnotizing Plastikman moniker.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player