Orphan Swords "Caim"
Sound experimentalist and founder of the Idiosyncratics label Yannick Franck works with Maze as industrial-slanted techno duo Orphan Swords. Featured here, "Caim" is a new track from the pair which arrives before its upcoming three-track tape is released sometime next month. The single is made up of a screeching, splitting bell tone that wavers above locked grooves and dubby synth undulations; the whole thing is pushed along by a sterile book-kat beat. The grinding sounds and whirling blasts of white noise position the track directly in the realm of acts like Sandwell District and Richie Hawtin's digressive and hypnotizing Plastikman moniker.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player