Orphan Swords "Caim"
Sound experimentalist and founder of the Idiosyncratics label Yannick Franck works with Maze as industrial-slanted techno duo Orphan Swords. Featured here, "Caim" is a new track from the pair which arrives before its upcoming three-track tape is released sometime next month. The single is made up of a screeching, splitting bell tone that wavers above locked grooves and dubby synth undulations; the whole thing is pushed along by a sterile book-kat beat. The grinding sounds and whirling blasts of white noise position the track directly in the realm of acts like Sandwell District and Richie Hawtin's digressive and hypnotizing Plastikman moniker.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player